Ground Penetrating Radar
Ground penetrating radar has been found an invaluable tool by Stanburys in the avoidance of digging numerous trial pits to locate buried services and obstructions.
The UtilityScan™ is the industry standard ground penetrating radar solution for the designation of subsurface utilities. With UtilityScan, Stanburys can quickly identify and mark the location and depth of service utilities – gas, communications, sewer lines – and other metallic and non-metallic targets including underground storage tanks and PVC pipes.
The UtilityScan provides the flexibility to address a wide range of utility applications. The selection of the appropriate antenna for the depth and ground conditions is necessary to address NDT and environmental applications, considering depth and soil and ground conditions. The technology can delineate landfills and pathways for contaminant flow, as well as conduct hydrogeology investigations such as water table mapping. GSSI offers innovative technology to support site assessment needs.
Typical Uses for UtilityScan
- Utility detection – metallic and non-metallic
- Trench and duct location
- Geological investigation
- Damage prevention
- Environmental remediation
- Road inspection
- 1000 MHz to 0.6 m (24 in) Concrete Evaluation
- 900 MHz 0-1 m (0-3 ft) Concrete Evaluation, Void Detection
- 400 MHz 0-4 m (0-12 ft) Utility, Engineering, Environmental
- 270 MHz 0-6 m (0-18 ft) Utility, Engineering, Geotechnical Void Detection
To book our surveying services and hire equipment please call us on 01462 894144.